Monday 4 May 2009

Ahhhh Velkommen til Norge! But not yet...

Hi! Hei and welcome. You will be witness to either a fantastic success story of one common as muck Brit making a new life abroad, or trying to.

I will ask the question: Can it be done?
I'll be recording my antics here, hopefully as a lesson of what to do, or... not what to do.
We shall see....


In the beginning...three months ago...
From what was originally a romantic story (guy meets girl, girl is Norwegian and has to go home....), came the decision that many average Brits simply never even think about making:

I am going to move to Norway.

Lets get this into perspective. I have no friends and family over there (well I didn't), no money making talents, no preset job arrangements and most certainly no language knowledge. SO! Why do it? It could be that my beloved girlfriend is over there and I'm not. It could be that I am so bored with life here that I want a change? Or it could be that I want to at least say I tried to do it. Not many can say they've done that!

Anyway!
Emmigration day is 29th May! Tickets have been bought! I have bought the tickets!

Key points of interest then: -
Language
Job (or jobs)
Place to live
Yorkshire Puddings.

Oh, yeah, there are NO YORKSHIRE PUDDINGS in Norway...

1 comment:

  1. Usted está de Yorkshire?? Yo estaba en Preston, de 6 meses!
    Histori amor de Niza.
    Abrazos de Ibiza
    Maria

    ReplyDelete