Wednesday 28 October 2009

News from the front...

SO things are coming together albeit very slowly.
Sadly my barnehage job has been delayed while the boss goes on a holiday (she did have two other part timers to sort out, but still...). So, I find myself facing the great enemy: Boredom.

Thankfully I've not been tooo idle. Returning to my Norwegian studies has been easier than I thought, right now I am re-digesting some notes on norsk preposijions (gotta love em) and recalling the worlds I learned through conversation. Im still finding more difficulty in hearing norsk, but I am getting there. As usual, speaking isnt the biggest issue for me. :p

Also, my other job working the doors has offered me some work in the interim, which is nice. Beginning to love drunkan Norwegians, especially when they join me in singing to Billy Joels Piano man. Thanks Jonas, I needed that. Good people there.

The move is going along, today we move the last bulk to my girls parents house. She's got a good family there, honest, loyal and kind. Hell theyre footing the bill for the damn deposit! Litt hjelp min rumpa! Add humble to that list.

So! We should be moving into our new place next week, around the middle. Its going to be damn messy when it starts but there is something pure about actually having a place! After 6 months of living out of a suitcase and not buying a single luxury item (well, maybe alchohol...), I really appreciate the small things.

Thanks again to anyone following my little misadventure, especially those that leave me little comments. Its good encouragement. I'll try to return the favour.

R

2 comments:

  1. Gynge og gynge! Glad alle går frisk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy how just having a beer with friends feels like a luxury after you've adjusted to The Great Norwegian Consumerism Culture Shock. I swear! Good luck with your move! Sverre and I are packing our apartment, and I had no idea we could cram so much STUFF in such a small space!

    ReplyDelete