Monday 19 October 2009

2 jobs down and a new place!!!!!

OK! Luck has finally struck and while I'm dragging my legs around thanks to a series of child induced colds and chest infections; im smiling.

Last week I got a call back regarding a Vikar Barnehage job (Read: 0 hour contract), in the same week I was given a night job by a good friend of mine (Who can be swayed by bourbon, not the biscuit).
Top this off with a new flat for me and my girl to live in which we move to in the coming couple of weeks! Not forgetting that in November I'm going home for a few days (with an empty suitcase!).
I'd like to thank Thomas for that second job as a door man, Suzanne for that tip off about the barnehage work and finally for my beautiful norsk girlfriend who has put up with me in more than one way!
Ive always said this would be about baby steps but this step felt like a big one!

Also, I would like to thank the kind encouragement I recieved here. ALthough I had intedned to post far more here and join in the social end of this, events conspire against me. Thank you all and yes your stuck with me. Muhahahahahaha.

Ahem.


More soon!

9 comments:

  1. You're not working in a barnehage around me, are you??? *Eyes leerily.* Because some dark-haired chap was asking me directions for the local barnehage this morning. Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Great news :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Rik
    Sorry to contact you this way (did not find another one).
    We would like to invite you to join us at the first Social Network for Foreigners in Norway.
    I think this is pretty unfair that all the discussion boards and interesting places are in Norwegian in this country.
    So, we decided to change it and creating a new place for all foreigners in this country and everybody who is interested in Norway.
    All the services: forum, classified, blogs, articles, etc . are totally free for everybody.
    You can find us at www.immino.no
    Sincerely
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello mate, very glad things are going well for you, i have just found your blog. I will be in a similar situation come Feb. I am moving to Oslo with my Norweigian Fiancee, looking forward to it, but also terrified, my level of Norwegian is not great, i can watch a bit of tv and listen to the radio, but nowhere near fluent when speaking. Its very comforting to read about someone who went throught the same experiences, keep writing and i will keep reading, Lykke til

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all. No Corinne, Im afraid that dark haired chap wasnt me. Im still volunteering at a Barnehage in Mortensrud, working at one in Merkeligbrekken? On the osteras line. So who knows?

    Thanks Batty. How are you doing by the way?

    Jermaine: Thanks for the kind word and heed my advice. Enjoy. Norway will combat all the stresses of work seeking language acquisition with beautiful scenery, a country with no scallies (read: violent chav), goot living conditions and superb pride in itself.
    The best fun I ever had was realising that I had actually learnt something in Norwegian. Which by and by meant that I would learn it all, eventually. Its just a matter of time and effort. Meh im still learning, probably always will!
    Oh and volunteer at a Barnehager, its really helpful!

    Hyggelig å møte deg. Jeg håper det vi can møte når kommer du til Norge. Hvis du er på facebook la meg vet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, just wanted to introduce myself as I've been reading your blog for a while. I'm British too and have been working in west Norway for a while. Glad you've got a job! Working with kids is brilliant for practicing your Norwegian. Lykke til videre!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am on Facebook, just look up Jermaine James, I am in the Glasgow network, and it would be great to meet up when i get to Oslo. i will follow up the Barnehager advice, cheers, Lykke til

    Jermaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doing well, although I'd like to stop job hunting soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, just found your blog...late night surfing..fun fun..congrats with the jobs and new place! I have been working in a barnehage for several years now. We moved to Ringsaker kommune from Averøy Kommune two years ago and I've been working at the local barnehage ever since, NEVER a shortage of work there and the kids are great. They accept my language handicaps and we laugh a lot..it's a great job. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete