Sunday 29 November 2009

Sinsen, Julebord and xbox.

Sinsen
Sinsen is an ok place to be. Good people, local transportation and the heating is free. The flat now has full lighting, curtains are up, furniture is in and all we are missing is the rest of the boxes. There is a few more things that need fixing, but the landlord has been more than compromising with us. Still, I cant wait to get my teeth stuck into improving this place...
Muahaha! But now we can finally have our house warming party with snacks and stuff!? Did I mention Ive done the choosing a curtain thing now? It was a horrible but necessary ordeal. Hot coals was looking good. Still, now their up we have privacy which means I don't have to squat while I run around half naked.

Julebord
Had my first julebord yesterday. For the uninitiated, julebord (translated as christmas table), is a work party set strictly around three tenants. Christmas, cheap beer and free food. I indulged in all of it. Including much dancing, verbally abusing my colleges in the parlance of my people (read scouse accent) and somehow tearing off my birthmark on my hand.

Strange night. Yet, it was a delightful experience and I was well looked after by good friends and colleagues alike.
Word of warning though, watch the akuvitt. Bloody stuff hits you like a double decker buss filled with WoW players.

xbox

Lastly I just want to briefly rave about my new old toy, which my gorgeous girl got for me, the classic xbox. I know, its old, (not that old, but old). Still, something has to be said about the purity of retro gaming. Plus, my girlfriend hasn't played KOTOR before (if you know what that means lol), so she has been playing it nonstop today. I thought that thing was for me.....

Sniff.

Anyway, still busy, going back to do some more volunteer work at the barnehage tommorow, then some much needed christmas shopping before IKEA trip!
Busy but better. Still waiting for that blogger meet! Come on people!

Thanks for reading.
x

5 comments:

  1. Rik, Renny is planning a blogger meeting for August of next year, a rather big to-do. Check out www.terella.no for his blog. He's always looking for helpers: local bloggers and Norwegians. And since you're downtown Oslo, you don't have to worry about accommodation! :)

    I learned my lesson a few Christmases ago about the dangers of aquavit, so I stay a healthy distance from it. Love all the food at julebord, but I'll pass on the lutefisk. And the pinnekjøtt. Blech. Beer is always my friend.

    Good luck at IKEA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello , Im from Ibiza- Spain. I love Norway and everythin about their culture, gastronony, live etc..
    My name is Maria ¿Can you tell me if is easy the live in Norway? an jobs?
    Takk
    Hugs from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Corinne, Ill check that out. Akvitt was ok, summer stuff is nicer. Pinnekjøtt is delig! What are you talking about!? lol, I even had that buried salmon stuff, that was nice. And rice cream. Mmmmm.

    How I didnt vomit is beyond me. But I was very drunk, and now I realised I took someone else coat home!!

    Maria, Hi, welcome! Yes Norway is easy to live in, but the language is key to everything. The food is expensive, the transportation is fantastic though. The weather is bipolar: Really hot summers and really cold winters. I'd suggest a holiday or two hear to get the feel of the place. Let me know if your coming over! I'd be happy to show you the important places like the foreigners department etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok. What is sinsen. Sounds like something Japanese. Pardon me for my ignorance but glad you enjoyed your julebord

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Rik !
    Thank you very kindly. I was in Oslo two years ago and since then I only think about living in Norway. Ibiza I have a beauty salon, beautician am. I plan to go next year and I like to keep in touch with you.
    I am married and have a son three years.
    Uncover hidden if ever you come to Ibiza will be a pleasure to receive you.
    Hugs

    Maria

    ReplyDelete